Watch for information about future early bird prizes here.
The early bird draw winner is still eligible to win the monthly 50/50 draw.
Our August 11 Early Bird winner of $1,000 was Norma Koval of Pickle Lake. Congratulations also to the winner of our bonus Early Bird draw on August 18 – Deborah Vincent took home a $500 Fresh Market Foods gift card.
Congratulations to our July 21 winner with ticket #EE-4013528, who will take home the early bird prize of $1,000 when we are able to verify their ticket! As this was an in-person purchase, please be sure to check your tickets to see if you are the lucky winner!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates!
AGCO Lottery License #1289958
Rules of Play
1. The lottery will take place online, and live, only during :
12:00 p.m. December 16, 2022 – 8:00 a.m. January 20, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. January 20, 2023
12:00 p.m. January 20, 2023 – 8:00 a.m. February 17, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. February 17, 2023
12:00 p.m. February 17, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. April 4, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. April 4, 2023
12:00 p.m. April 4, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. May 2, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. May 2, 2023
12:00 p.m. May 2, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. June 6, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. June 6, 2023
12:00 p.m. June 6, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. July 4, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. July 4, 2023
12:00 p.m. July 4, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. August 8, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. August 8, 2023
12:00 p.m. August 8, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. September 5, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. September 5, 2023
12:00 p.m. September 5, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. October 3, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. October 3, 2023
12:00 p.m. October 3, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. November 7, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. November 7, 2023
12:00 p.m. November 7, 2023 – 9:30 a.m. December 5, 2023, Draw: 11:00 a.m. December 5, 2023
2. All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
3. Purchaser must be in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
4. Tickets are 20/$10.00, 100/$20.00, 450/$50.00.
5. Tickets will be available online at www.slmhc.on.ca/foundation, or in person if tickets are being sold off-line.
6. Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend FS Canada, or individual in-person sales.
7. After buying tickets online, patrons will receive a confirmation e-mailed with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly. Or, they will be given a paper copy of their tickets if purchased in person.
8. The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
9. The amount of the 50/50 will be fifty (50) percent of the total sales beginning the monthly draw beginning on July 4, 2023 and all following monthly draws.
10. (a) A $1,000.00 early bird prize will be awarded approximately the second, or third, week into each draw. The winner of this prize is also eligible for the main prize. There will be an extra early bird draw of $500.00 for Draws #3 and #8.
10. (b) Rather than the $500 cash, the August 18 early bird prize will consist of a $500 gift card for Fresh Market Foods in Sioux Lookout, ON.
11. The winning number will be announced at the website at www.slmhc.on.ca/foundation.
12. The winner may claim their prize by contacting Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre Foundation at 807-738-0566, or by email at: email@example.com. The ticket may then be brought to 1 Meno Ya Win Way at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
13. The winning ticket holder has six (6) months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw for which their ticket was purchased.
14. The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
15. Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
16. In the event that no winner comes forward in the six month time period, the prize will be donated to the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre Foundation, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
17. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws:
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre Foundation Staff and Board of Directors.
18. The above set of rules will be posted online at www.slmhc.on.ca/foundation.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1- 888 – 230 – 3505) www.connexontario.ca
When is the draw and when is the winner announced?
We have monthly draws scheduled up until December 2023. Official draw dates are listed on our website under Rules of Play. Tickets can be purchased up until 9:30 a.m. on each draw date. The official draw takes place later that morning (at 11 a.m.), and shortly after this time we will announce the winning number. We will share this information by email, and any email address used to purchase a ticket will receive this information. The winning number will also be shared on our Facebook page (@MenoYaWinFoundation). Please note we will reach out to the winner directly too, so if you’ve won we’ll be calling!
When are the early bird dates for 2023?
We are excited to have early bird draws for each 50/50 draw, as per dates listed below. These dates are subject to change; this list will be updated to reflect any changes or additional early bird draw dates.
January 6, 2023
February 3, 2023
March 10, 2023
March 24, 2023
April 21, 2023
May 19, 2023
June 23, 2023
July 21, 2023
August 11, 2023
August 18, 2023
September 22, 2023
October 20 2023
November 17, 2023
December 15, 2023
What are the rules for early bird draws?
Early bird draws are featured throughout our ongoing 50/50 draws to encourage people to buy early and to promote positive engagement. We are excited to offer both cash prizes and prize packages. Please note that cash is not supplemented for tangible items, such as event tickets. Prizes not awarded in cash are valued at approximately $1,000. Prize must be accepted as presented and redeemed within the time frame stated at time of claiming prize. If a winner does not wish to keep the prize and the gift is transferable, it is the winner’s responsibility to make sale arrangements.
How do I get my tickets when I order online?
Tickets are delivered to the e-mail address you supplied at time of purchase. Please allow 24 hours for the e-mail to be sent and remember to check your spam and junk folders, as some e-mail services may incorrectly flag your incoming tickets. If you have not received your tickets after 24 hours, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Are tickets refundable?
All sales are final.
Can I purchase a ticket if I don’t live in Ontario?
You can purchase a ticket if your physical location is in Ontario during the time of purchase. Make sure your “location services” are turned on!
I’m having a hard time buying my ticket. Why won’t it let me complete the purchase?
In order to purchase tickets online, our website is required to know your location. You must be located within the Province of Ontario, Canada at the time of purchase. If you are unable to access the site it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You declined the website request to access your location
- Your device’s location settings are permanently disabled or you are connected to a VPN
- You are located outside of the Province of Ontario, Canada and unfortunately are not able to purchase tickets
Please ensure the following:
- Your device settings have location services enabled
- You allow the website to access your location
- If your issues persist, try closing the website, clear your browser caches, and try visiting the site again
If the issue persists, please contact the Foundation at (807) 737-7997 or email@example.com and we will provide assistance.
Which payment methods are accepted?
We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Amex. Visa debit and pre-paid credit cards are also accepted.
How do I collect my winnings?
The winner may claim their prize by contacting Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre Foundation at 807-738-0566, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The ticket may then be brought to 1 Meno Ya Win Way at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. The winning ticket holder has six (6) months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for. The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
We understand that a winner may not be able to physically come in to claim their ticket. In the event a winner cannot come in person to claim their ticket and receive their cheque, we will work with the winner to arrange virtual ticket verification.
As an SLMHC Employee, can I purchase 50/50 tickets?
Yes you can! The draw is open to all SLMHC employees and their family. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws: Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre Foundation Staff and Board of Directors.
Can can I purchase tickets for family and friends?
If you’re buying for family or friends as a gift, make sure you:
- Input who the tickets are for when you are are in the process of purchasing them. Under “Personal Info-Billing Information,” write the name of your recipient- but you can use your own mailing address and date of birth.
- Remember to put their email address if you want them to get the ticket numbers sent straight to their email inbox.
- OR- use your own email address if you want to forward the ticket numbers to them.
- Under “Payment Info” fill in your information as the purchaser.
What if I want to buy multiple gifts?
If you are buying tickets to give to more than one gift-recipient, we recommend doing this one-at-a-time. Go ahead and print off your ticket confirmation and record who it is for, or forward this by email to the recipient… then move onto the next purchase.
If I win the Early Bird Draw, does my ticket still stay in for the main 50/50 draw?
Yes, your number stays in the draw and you are still eligible to win that month’s 50/50 draw!
I didn’t receive my tickets… now what?
Tickets should arrive in your inbox within 30 minutes following purchase. If you do not see your tickets, first check your junk mail and spam folders- tickets can sometimes be filtered due to email settings. Tickets are sent from email@example.com, so if required you may need to whitelist this address with your email provider. If you’ve checked your spam/junk folders and still can’t find your tickets, please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or (807) 737-7997. Please provide us with your name, the name the tickets were purchased under, and the email address the tickets should have been sent to. From here, we will check into the purchase and get in touch with you.
Any additional questions?
If you have any further questions about the 50/50 draws, please email them to email@example.com!